Pages

Don't Panic!

Thursday 14 March 2013

The recent announcement regarding the retirement of Google Reader seems to have sent the entire blogging community into a worried frenzy! Yes, it may be your favourite way to follow blogs and yes, it's a pain in the arse because you'll have to find your favourite blogs to follow via another platform, but really it's not the end of the world. GFC's axe date hasn't been announced yet, but no doubt it will be following suit.

I just wanted to write a quick wee post detailing other ways of how you can follow my blog, and the rest of your reading list with as little hassle as possible. My personal favourite is Bloglovin which allows you to follow all of your favourite blogs and read latest posts from the same place. You can follow me via Bloglovin here. Bloglovin also allows you to import your Google Reader list to Bloglovin, making the transition so much easier! There are also other platforms like Hello Cotton and She Said Beauty, which I've heard good things about but I don't personally use them myself. Another great way of keeping up to date with blogs and bloggers is via Twitter and Facebook. These are probably the most personal ways of following, and I literally just set up my Facebook page today - better late than never! You can follow me via Twitter here and via Facebook here. You can also subscribe to most blogs via email and get updates delivered straight to your inbox!

Basically guys, don't panic. The good news is that Google Reader isn't retiring until July 1st 2013, so we all have plenty of time to adjust!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Hrm I think people are just confused between Google Reader nad GFC, which are not the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GFC is reportedly being retired too, it just doesn't have an axe date as of yet. x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...