Pages

Morning Skincare Routine

Thursday 9 May 2013


























I'm going to put it out there - I am a skincare junkie. I admit it. I love nothing more than buying a new cleanser and being excited to wash my face. Routines are something I find hard to stick to though, if I don't see results quickly then I get bored and I move on. However, this current AM line-up has been keeping my skin happy recently - but we'll see how long that lasts.

My skin is very temperamental. I suffer from redness, sensitive skin, dehydration, oiliness, blemishes and scarring - sounds like a treat, right? I've been loving Philosophy's Purity Made Simple Cleansing Gel* as my morning cleanse. It foams up just enough to leave my skin feeling purified, but not so much so that my skin is left feeling tight and crying out for the moisturiser. Toner-wise, I'm usually a LUSH girl through and through but I recently ran out and I've been trialling a sample size of Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris* which is for combo/oily skin. I'm not totally sold on this and I doubt I'll be picking up a full size. It just doesn't really do much.

La Roche Posay's Effaclar range and I have a little history. I fell in love with the Effaclar K last year, but I stopped using it over Winter and tried out the infamous Effaclar Duo. And my skin did not thank me for it. It wasn't the holy grail product I wanted it to be, but recently I've reverted back to the K lotion and I'm remembering why I loved it in the first place.

I don't use any heavy serums in the morning, but I do like to slather on some Hydraluron. For me, it deserves all the hype it gets. It preps my skin for moisturiser and I notice a massive difference in my skin when I skip this step. I apply a little bit of Origins Make A Difference Rejuvenating Treatment on top of Hydraluron, and it sinks in so quickly - perfect for early morning makeup application.

I've been trying out Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream* over the past few weeks and it is the first eye cream I've ever tried - I know, what kind of beauty blogger am I?! But I really like it so far, it feels lovely and soothing on the delicate area around the eyes and helps to brighten that area up which is much needed alongside a strong coffee in the morning. Finally, I pop on a little of This Works In Transit Camera Close-Up miraculous 3-in-1 product as a base for my make-up. It leaves my skin feeling velvety soft and plump, but not overly hydrated or greasy. It might be love.

So there's what I've been using in the morning to keep my skin somewhat happy recently. No doubt the line-up will have altered by next month, I'll keep you posted!

Do you follow a strict AM/PM skincare regime, or do you mix things up a little?


12 comments:

  1. Yet more mention of the hydraluron. I really need to give it a go at some point! I don't really have a routine as such tbh. In the morning I wash my face with a flannel and moisturise. At night I remove any make up with a mixture of cleansing water and hot cloth cleansers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God I'm the opposite of you! I'm a terror when it comes to skin care - I really need to get into a decent routine. Some of these products look looovely!
    xx

    http://sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the balance me wonder eye cream! I picked up a couple when it was free with Glamour magazine :) Such a nice product! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a good selection of picks here! I tend to switch up my skincare, which probably isn't good for my skin :s

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your morning skin care seriously puts mine to shame and I thought it was rather quite good for me! I love all the products which you've used! xo

    Hannah xo | Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of the This Works primer! I'm really tempted to get Hydraluron at some point too. I'm a skincare junkie and am so strict with following my routine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blog you have Sarah! Found you through SheSaidBeauty, your post was featured ^^ Glad I did. I love skincare too and probably have one too many products : )
    I'd love it if you could pay me a visit as well. Have a great day darling xx
    noiredame

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I am really eager to try some of the origins products out as they sound amazing :-) also its nice to know your from Dundee I live just outside Dundee in Perthshire, now following your blog can't wait to read more :D xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've heard so many amazing things about the hydraluron, i really need to give it a go. i use the balance me eye cream too, it's so lovely and hydrating :) x
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I NEED to try me some Hydraluron xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to try ALL of those now xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love skincare, too! The Origins Make A Difference is amaaaazing.
    The Philosophy Cleanser sounds lovely, too!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...