New Haircare Range @ Lush!
Thursday, 13 September 2012
Once again, I'm sorry for the Blackberry photos - still haven't managed to bring my camera back to life!
Last Friday (07/09) I attended a haircare launch night at my local Lush store. I'm a huge Lush fan, but I've never actually tried any of their hair products so I took this as a great opportunity to see what I'm missing out on - quite a lot, apparently! There are 8 new products that have been added to the haircare range, so I think there's definitely something for everyone.
1. Sea Spray Hair Mist £9.95/100g - I've tried so many sea sprays, but this one seemed different as it contains essential oils such as grapefruit oil which gives a lovely scent to the product. It claims to give body, volume and hold so it's more of a styling product than anything else.
2. BIG Solid Conditioner £9.00/100g - BIG Shampoo is one of Lush's biggest selling haircare products, so I can imagine this solid conditioner will be a big hit! It's absolutely loaded with coconut oil and smells divine. We were shown a demo of how to use this, and the creaminess of it is unreal. It also contains sea salt for volume and lemon and lime juice for shine.
3. Superbalm £12.00/45g - This is a hair treatment aimed at those who suffer from dry, irritated scalps. It doesn't appeal to me particularly, but I did have a little feel of the balm and it felt so nourishing so I can imagine it will really help those with troublesome scalps. It contains lots of lovely, good-for-you ingredients like lavender oil and extra virgin coconut oil.
4. Happy Happy Joy Joy Conditioning Hair Perfume £9.00/100g, £18.00/250g - Now this is right up my street. I love when I use a product and I can still smell it on my hair hours later. It smells so good! The main scents are neroli, rose and grapefruit so as you can imagine, it's a really lovely fragrance, not too overpowering - very subtle but gorgeous.
5. Shine So Bright Hair Balm £4.50/10g - This is a super nourishing balm for split ends - we all have them, right?! It has quite an oily consistency, but we were told that a tiny little bit goes a long way so if used correctly and just on the ends of your hair, it won't weigh down your hair or make it look greasy/oily. Again, this is packed with amazing ingredients like shea butter and lots of lovely essential oils!
6. Fair Trade Honey Shampoo £7.00/100g, £14.00/250g, £23.50/500g - I'm not going to lie, I ran for the hills when I saw this. The smell of honey makes me so nauseous, I absolutely hate it! But I do know that honey has some great benefits, and I can imagine that if you like the scent of honey, you'll love this and I'd love to hear if anyone has tried it and what they think!
7. Roots Hair Treatment £9.95/225g - This is a treatment for fine or thinning hair. I have super fine, flat hair so I might have squealed a little when I spotted this product! I bought it, but haven't tried it yet so expect a full review when I do. The treatment is infused with fresh mint and peppermint oil and it smells so gorgeous. I can't wait to use this!
8. Blousey Shampoo £18.00/240g - The final product in the new haircare range - and one which I incidentally forgot to photograph - is the Blousey shampoo. This is aimed at those of us who have bleached, colour damaged or naturally fragile hair. It's crammed full of fresh bananas which really come through in the scent of the product, and they're an amazing ingredient for restoring nourishment and shine to lack-lustre hair!
I also entered a raffle on the night and I actually won! I was in complete shock because I don't think I've ever won anything in my life. I actually said out loud "I never win anything!" before my name was called out, cue me shouting in the middle of the shop "shut uuuup" in true TOWIE style. Slightly mortifying. But it was worth it, as I had a full hair consultation and got to pick some lovely goodies which I will be trialling and reviewing very soon!
I'd like to thank LUSH Dundee and all of the lovely girls working there for a great night, and I'm looking forward to the next one already!
Have you tried any of Lush's new hair care products, or anything from their hair care range at all? I'd love to know what your stand-out products are!