Pages

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleansing Gel

Tuesday 30 April 2013

philosophy purity made simple cleansing gel
philosophy purity made simple cleansing gel

I was kindly sent this cleanser to review and it couldn't have come at a better time! I've been searching for a new morning cleanser for what feels like months now, and I have finally found the cleanser. I like something light that I can rinse off in the shower for my morning cleanse as my skin does get oily throughout the day, so I reserve my balm and oil cleansers for the evening. This cleanser is particularly aimed at combination/oily skin types so I was apprehensive that it might be quite drying, which is the problem I always have with cleansers or face washes which are foaming or aimed at oily skin.

The packaging is great, it comes in a massive 225ml squeezy tube but because the product consistency is thick, it doesn't run out of the tube creating product wastage. I have to use quite a bit of strength to actually squeeze the product out, especially in the morning when I'm not quite awake yet! You only need to use the tiniest amount of product as it's quite concentrated, so I can see this huge tube lasting a long time. To me, it smells light and refreshing which is what I want when I'm washing my face in the morning. It does foam slightly, but it feels more like a creamy lather which is gorgeous on the skin. What's even better is that my skin doesn't feel the slightest bit dry or tight after using this! Most foaming cleansers leave me gasping for the moisturiser, but this just leaves my skin feeling soft, clean and comfortable. I can't lay all the praise with this product, but I also haven't had a spot since using this... Coincidence? Maybe.

I've also trialled this as a make-up remover to see how it fares in that sense, and I can happily report that this removes all of my makeup (and stubborn eye makeup) without irritating my eyes! This is the first product from Philosophy that I've tried, and I'm excited to explore what other products they have to offer as I'm very impressed so far!

What type of cleanser do you prefer in the morning? And if you've tried Philosophy products, recommend me some products!

You can find me on FacebookTwitter and Bloglovin!

4 comments:

  1. lovely :) I might have to try and pick this up in the future!

    xx Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a sample of this in the debenhams order. Excited to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fantastic product! I have very oily/combo skin and have tended to find that gel cleansers work the best for me. Laidbare do a really lovely one if you ever get the chance to try it. I'm going to pop this on my wishlist and hopefully I'll get the chance to try it out- I need something to help tame my skin xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried anything by Philosophy before but this was the product i wanted to give a go, i was a bit hesitant but i'm definitely going to pick one up now! Lovely review hun :)

    Latasha x | Today I Adore

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...