Pages

Sleek Peaches and Cream Lipstick

Monday 9 July 2012

Wearing Sleek Peaches and Cream
Yet another lip product review! I've gone from basically being a lipstick virgin last week, to turning into a little bit of a lipstick junkie. I'm absolutely loving peach, coral and nude colours right now - I think they're just perfect for summer. As soon as I saw MAC's Reel Sexy lipstick, I fell in love. Unfortunately that love was not meant to be as I discovered that it was sold out. So when I heard that there was a possible dupe product at a fraction of the price, I was very excited. Enter, Sleek Peaches and Cream lipstick.

Peaches and Cream in packaging
First off, the packaging is so cute. I can't think of another word to describe it! It comes in a small black tube which has the signature matte finish and "Sleek" branding. It's the perfect size to pop in your bag for touch-ups on the go.

Swatched on hand
The consistency is really creamy, and it's marketed as a "sheen" shade. It feels really velvety and glides on to my lips easily, and it doesn't feel drying at all which I love. It's quite a bright colour but it's just perfect for summer and I think I'll be using it every day when I'm holiday!

Applied on lips
Again, sorry for the slightly blurry photos. My digital camera should be arriving soon, thankfully! I'm surprised at how much I love this colour, actually. It's more orange than I anticipated, but it's the formula is gorgeous and I can't wait for warmer weather so I can wear this with big sunnies and pretty little dresses. The only downside is the staying power but I don't mind reapplying it often, so it's not a major factor to me. This lipstick retails at £4.30 and can be bought here on the Sleek website, or at Superdrug.

What's your favourite lipstick shade at the moment?


6 comments:

  1. I am LOVING this lip colour! & It really suits you.

    I saw another one similar shade to this one by Miss Sporty called bubblegum, but they seem to be selling out fast these pretty orange/peach shades! :(

    Laura xx
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Peach seems to be huge for summer, I'm loving it. Never thought I'd see the day where I'd be wearing colours like this though, I've always been a plain lipbalm girl! xx

      Delete
  2. This is an amazing lip colour! I really want to try Peach now! I agree that it's so summery to, agh i need to get my hands on one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it! I can't wait to have a wee bit of a tan and get this on. :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh I knew there was a lower end dupe!! i've been searching high & low for one- thank you!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I found this too, was gutted that Reel Sexy sold out! Glad to help. :) xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...